Saturday, December 11, 2010

Celebrate the Season 2010

This is a non-fiction book with many beautiful illustrations of how you can decorate and cook for for Christmas. First I just paged through the whole book enjoying the various crafts, table settings, gifts to make, beautifully wrapped presents,and recipes for tasty goodies. Then I decided to go ahead and use an idea for making tags for presents. I had gotten turquoise and red wrapping paper for all my presents, so the tags I made had a background of red or turquoise (which I salvaged from my scrap booking supplies). I glued on acrylic gem sparkles using the first initial of every family member that I was wrapping presents for. People with the same first initial have their names written on back of the tag. I snapped a whole in the top with a paper punch, and put a silver string through (stolen from my embroidery supplies). When all the presents are under the tree the tags add just a little bit of beautiful sparkle to make our holiday bright.

No comments: