Friday, July 15, 2011

If You Ask Me (And Of Course You Won't) By Betty White

In Betty White's latest book she writes about things that mean something to her or things that she just wanted to get straight before it was too late. I had not ready any of her previous books, so all of her stories were new to me. I laughed and cried while listening to this book and fell in love with Betty White more than ever. After listening to this book , I respect her as a person and not just some actress on the TV. The library has this title in both audio and hardcover. I am glad I listened to it, as it is White reading it. Whenever there is an option of listening to the author read their own book, I take it. I feel that you get more out of the book by listening to an author saying their own words than just reading them off the page. This is especially true with White, as she often talks about timing when telling a story. If you are looking for a quick read or going on a road trip with others, this is a great book!

No comments: