Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings

I have been wanting to see the movie, “The Descendants”, but was surprised by the fact it was a book (like all good movies, it was a great book first!). The novel is a wonderful story of a family going through the emotions of watching their mother dying and a father reconnecting with two daughters that he has been absent from for years. I found myself laughing and crying with them along the journey of finding their way back. As I was reading I kept thinking of this as a movie and how the dialog was wonderful for a screen play and I see why it was made into a movie. However, I have a love/hate relationship with books being made into movies. I always want to see them but then I am somewhat disappointed when it doesn’t live up to my high expectations. I did watch the movie and it was a good movie but as always, it was a better book. Of course any movie with George Clooney is always a plus!

No comments: