Monday, March 11, 2013

Enough by Will Davis Jr.

More is better, at least that is what our culture tells us. The cover of this book says "Finding more by living with less". This was a concept I wanted to know more about. The Author Will Davis Jr. is a pastor in Texas who stopped to ask the question When is enough, enough? He states "that the Bible teaches that it's foolish to try and satisfy the needs of a priceless, eternal human soul by throwing stuff at it". Don't panic he doesn't ask us to take a vow of poverty, but he does present a very powerful case that those of us in America have more than enough. By giving away to the point of having enough we will be richer (not necessarily wealthier) for living a life of giving. I liked the many Biblical references and study questions at the end of each chapter. Although I found it hard to put this book down, it also was very thought provoking and I stopped often to think through what I had read. I found this book so good I hope to own my own copy.

No comments: