Thursday, December 4, 2014

Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham

Having  seen a few episodes of the HBO show “Girls” and having become aware of Lena Dunham’s rise in popular culture, I thought I’d check out her latest literary effort. I turned the final page very entertained. If you like analyzing other people’s problems, and hearing too much information on their various body parts and dating habits, you may be very entertained as well. Dunham pulls no punches in describing her  past and how it brought her to the positions she holds today in both Hollywood and in her personal life.  You’ll laugh and cringe as she takes you along on this journey.
I found the book an easy read, and one that keeps you turning the pages. I especially  enjoyed the advice she had received from her father and mother — quick lists that are very funny.  If you like “Girls” or Dunham herself, you will like this book.  Even as a guy in a girls’ world, this book held many interesting points for me; and, it left me wondering if the girls I dated so many years ago were as complex as Dunham has been in her young life.

No comments: