Tuesday, September 29, 2015

These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf

This is the second book by this author that I have read. She is from Iowa, by the way, and some of the passages describe Iowa so accurately I feel we grew up together. This story is centered around two sisters, Allison and Brynn. Allison is the 'golden child' while Brynn is not so accomplished. The sisters are close. When Allison messes up she asks Brynn to help her. This is where the whole story gets complicated. I was surprised by plot twisters in the middle of the story and at the end. The author writes her books around traumatic experiences. When I read Little Mercies I felt all ended well. In this story however, if does not end up well for everyone. This probably is more true to life, but ends up leaving you feel bereft.

No comments: