Thursday, January 7, 2016

Handmade Soap Book by Melinda Coss

I must admit I am a soap maker "wannabe". I love the looks of handmade soap and the idea of making it yourself. I am still in the stages of looking and learning and am nor sure I will ever get to the actual "making" stage. Every year I buy handmade soap from West Market Park at Tulip Time. When this book hit our NEW shelves here at the library, I couldn't help but check it out. I looked longingly at the different types pictured: grapefruit slice, strawberry, buttered roses, sunflowers, honey and beeswax, goats' milk, olive, creamy coconut, spice, vanilla and more. The soaps looked so beautiful and natural. They were packaged and presented artfully and tastefully. With the use of the internet you can get pretty much whatever supplies and equipment you need nowadays. For now I will continue to just look, but maybe one day...

No comments: