Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

Brisingr is the third installment of the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini. Originally intended to be a trilogy, the series will be expanded to four books. That's right! Despite the length of Brisingr, the story doesn't end.

I was disappointed by the lack of action in Brisingr. There is more back story, lots of rather boring politics, and several side plots in this installment of the series. Paolini spends lots of time describing details of the different races and cultures, and has certainly created an interesting and compelling world. Unfortunately, Eragon remains irritatingly immature, despite his increase in skills and the great confidence everyone else has in him.

I won't give away the plot details and the important revelations, I'll just say I have mixed feelings about this book. I'm hoping book four will justify all the side plots and many details of this book. And I can't wait to read more about Saphira.

No comments: